Before starting your on-campus employment you must have all the proper paperwork filled out and turned in to the Student Employment Coordinator.  Your hiring supervisor will have a packet of information to give you.  This includes tax forms, direct deposit and authorization to work in the United States (I-9).  You will be required to provide original identification documents. You MAY NOT start working until all of this paperwork is turned in to the Office of Student Employment. 

If you have been previously employed by Grace College and Theological Seminary, you will need to update any tax information that is on file.


Employment should supplement the student's college experience and not detract from it.  Most students enroll in 12 to 18 credit hours and find that 10 to 15 work hours per week does not interfere with classes. Students are permitted to work no more than 20 hours per week while enrolled during the academic year and may work 40 hours per week during breaks, holidays and summer.  Students are NOT permitted to work during scheduled, enrolled class times.

Employment During Fall and Spring Semesters
Student must be enrolled at least half-time as well as achieving satisfactory academic progress.  Federal regulations mandate that no exceptions be made. The school will automatically terminate you from your campus job if you fall below the minimum class hour enrollment. 

Employment Between Fall and Spring Semesters (Winter Break): Student must have completed enrollment for the upcoming Spring semester or have been enrolled in the previous Fall semester.

Employment During the Summer: Student must be enrolled in the following Fall semester unless the student is enrolled for Summer or graduating in August.

Graduating Students are permitted to work through the Saturday of the week in which they are scheduled to graduate.

Concurrent Employee Status is prohibited.  Student CANNOT work as BOTH a College employee and a student employee at the same time.  Employees of Grace Schools, full-time or part-time, are NOT eligible to participate in the Student Employment Program.

Graduate Students MAY work on campus as student employees, provided they maintain at least full-time enrollment (6 credit hours) during Fall and Spring semesters.



Federal Work Study (FWS) is a federally subsidized program designed to promote part-time employment of students, helping them avoid excessive debt while in college.  By working, students gain experience, develop new skills, and earn money to meet their educational and living expenses.  Student employees who are employed under the FWS program are awarded FWS as part of their total financial aid package. This federal program is monitored by the Student Financial Aid Office and pays 75% of the student's wage while the employing department pays 25%. 

FWS jobs are available to financial aid recipients as listed on the Financial Aid award letters mailed out from the Student Financial Aid Office (SFAO) or as noted on Web for Students online. 

IMPORTANT: To be considered for FWS employment eligibility, a student must complete a "Free Application for Federal Student Aid" (FAFSA) and answer "YES" to Question #31: "Are you interested in work study employment?" The FAFSA is available online from the Student Financial Aid Office and at www.fafsa.ed.govThis is a link to another web site.  Since FWS funds are limited, students should submit the FAFSA as soon as possible after January 1st each year. 



Employing departmental budgets are charged 100% of the wages for all student employees.